I rarely write reviews but after using The Body Shop’s ‘Ginger Scalp Care’ shampoo for a while I’ve found myself recommending it to any human who will stop and listen. I never used to get dandruff however, about a year ago, it began appearing like a constant stream of unwanted party guests. Before finding this little bottle of bliss, I went through about six other shampoos hoping that it would do the trick. You can bet a lot of research went into those six too, but nothing helped. So, this is the only one that’s worked for me and that’s why it is the perfect shampoo.
How I use it
After I’ve jumped into the shower and wet my hair, I squeeze about a 50c piece-size bit of gel into my palm and lather it onto my scalp. I pretty much massage the majority of it into the scalp area and make sure it really gets in there. I also work it through the rest of my hair, but very minimally, to just clean. I then let it sit in my hair for about a minute or two and do a little dance while I wait (careful not to slip!) as this really helps to let all the good stuff sink in to soothe your scalp and remove all those nasty white flakes. Rinse and follow with a conditioner of any choice — I’m currently using OGX’s Coconut Water conditioner.
Why I love it
- Well, most importantly, the dandruff disappears.
- Eases itchy scalps!
- As soon as I lather it in, my scalp feels totally refreshed in the shower.
- I love ginger, so the scent is a plus! It might be too herb-y for some peeps, especially if you don’t like sharp scents.
- I find that my hair takes longer to get greasier.
- It’s not the type of shampoo that makes your hair feel like straw. My hair is hydrated and feels soft after use.
It’s perfect, but…
- I wish they had a conditioner too. :(
- The price is a bit dire for a small bottle. In Australia it goes for about $15 for 250ml.
- Since it’s so tiny, it runs out quickly.
Despite these little flaws, it still works as the best anti-dandruff shampoo for me.
If you’re battling the agony of dandruff, you should give this one a go!